Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Rocking Horse


In September of 2007 I stared a 30 hour project to make a Shaker style rocking horse. The Lumber is 2" pine and the plans came from Lee Valley. I made a few minor modifications and added a few personal touches to make the project more meaning full.


This project is heavy on the Band saw and various different sanders.
The cushion is made of Pl-ether and cotton foam.
Additionally, you can use Nylon rope and a staple gun to make the hair of the horse.
This horse was a gift for my nephew.

2 comments:

  1. This is one the most beautiful things I've seen. The workmanship and attention to detail is breathtaking!
    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Amar, beautiful work. It is a gift I'm sure that is treasured and appreciated!

    ReplyDelete