Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

Walking Cane


In the winter of 2008, my Grandfather was coming for a visit from England, I decided to make a Walking Cane. Although my family was not impressed with the project, a lot of time and care was placed into this cane. The Cane was made of Black Walnut with a strip of Maple down the center to provide some style. The handle was cast brass, threaded onto the cane.
The Cane is made in two pieces with brass fittings to join them together, you may find that over time the threading and un-threading of the cane will cause the 2 pieces to stop lining up.To solve this problem, add a paper shim.

2 comments:

  1. I remember seeing this cane. It was gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I count, but I'm impressed by both the details on the cane, and the time and effort spent on making something meaningful and useful for your grandfather.

    ReplyDelete