Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

BCIT Education

I have received a few E-mails from people asking what education is required to become a Technology Education Teacher in BC.
As far as I know, the BCIT / UBC Partnership is the only accredited educational path available in BC.
(1 year) 18 credits university transferable credits
(2 years) British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT) for shop training
(1 year) University of British Columbia (UBC) for Bachelors of Education (B.Ed)

I am the youngest of 3 children in my family. By the time my parents paid for my older siblings education, vehicles, ect, there was no money set aside for me. I managed to save enough money to pay my way through by working and racking up debt on student loans, but the total cost from 2001-2005 was over $35,000

you can expect to pay more than that now as both the cost of living and tuition have gone up in Vancouver. This Shop Certification is valid in Australia, New Zealand, and The United Kingdom; as for Germany, I am not sure.

My time at UBC was a bit of a waste but i learned to perfect my skills while i was at BCIT. I completed many projects while at BCIT, Below is a picture of a CAD / CAM project, I also made a large shaker style kitchen table while there but have since misplaced the pictures.

This is a business card holder with a small picture of Mr. T on it. The image was drawn in AutoCad and converted to G code and cut on a CNC Machine. Stay tuned in September I will be documenting how to build your own CNC Machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment